- Click the ‘ADMIN CONSOLE’ tab.
- Hover on the left pane options to view the ‘Profiles’ snippet.
- Click the ‘Profiles’ option.
Path: ADMIN CONSOLE > Profiles
- A ‘Profiles’ session page is displayed.
- Click the plus ‘(+) Profile’ button.
- A ‘Create Profile’ session page is displayed with two text fields such as ‘Profile Name’ and ‘Source Name.’
Path: ADMIN CONSOLE > Profiles > (+) Profile
- Let’s suppose add ‘Salesforce profile connection’ text under the ‘Profile Name’ text field.
- Select ‘Salesforce’ from the ‘Source Name’ drop-down list.
Note: Once the user selects the ‘Source Name’ drop-down list, the ‘Type Of Connection’ drop-down list, ‘Connection Parameters’ (selected as default), and ‘Additional Settings’ tabs are displayed.
Note: By default, the selected tab appears in white color background and the unselected tab appears in blue color background.
- When hovered on the info button against each text field will display information.
- Hovering on the question mark (?) symbol for the ‘Password’ text assists the users in using a safe password to protect from ‘XSS attacks’ or ‘SQL Injections.’
- Under the ‘Connection Parameters’ tab, the user is required to fill in the required text field options such as the Server, UserName, Password, Sandbox, and Security Token details.
- Let’s suppose, fill in all the required details and click the ‘Additional Settings’ tab.
Note: Few text fields under ‘Connection Parameters are blurred due to confidential data.
- Under the ‘Additional Settings’ tab, Default Parallelism, Max Parallelism, Default Packet Size, Max Packet Size, and User Groups text fields are displayed.
Note: By default, Default Parallelism, Max Parallelism, Default Packet Size, and Max Packet Size text fields are set to 1, 20, 5000, and 1000000.
Note: When hovered on the info button against each text field will display information.
- Fill in the ‘User Groups’ text field to make this new profile visible to any User Group/User Groups.
- Click the ‘Connection Parameters’ tab again.
- Now, click the ‘Test Connection’ button.
- A message ‘Test Connection Successful!’ is displayed on the top right corner of the page if the ‘Connection Parameters’ related to that particular profile are correct.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to save this profile.
- The user is navigated to the ‘Profiles’ session page displaying the created profile details.