This document explains the process to create FDR (Functional Data Reconciliation) scenario for comparing the snapshot of the same data source captured at different time periods.
Example: You want to identify and track the changes to the order data set (new additions, modifications to any attributes, or deletes) over a period of time.
Query Chain and Scenario Configuration
- Go to query chain designer, open the header widget and ensure data retention policies are configured as follows, and save it.
- Select the required datasource to be snapshotted, complete the query chain configuration as follows:
- Execute the query chains at least two times
- Goto scenario studio, create new FDR (Functional Data Reconciliation) scenario
- Drag and drop the "Query Chain" widget as the source, select the required query chain and select "Latest Session" as follows. Click "Select" to save the source configuration.
- Drag and drop the "Query Chain" widget as the target, select the same query chain as in the prior step, select "offset" for the session field, and choose "-1" for the offset field as follows. Click "Select" to save the target configuration.
- Drag and drop the "Map source & target fields" widget and complete the mapping.
- Execute the scenario, if there are any changes happened to the data source between the two snapshots, you will see the exceptions as follows.
- Go to batch console, create a new job and configure the header widget as follows
- From the "Schedule" tab of the job design palette, drag and drop "Repeat Schedule" and configure the widget as follows (this example is to run the job on the 1st of every month at 4 AM)
- Go to the "Hours" tab of the schedule widget and select "04" from the third option "Specific hour" as follows
- Switch to the "Day" tab of the schedule widget and complete the configuration as follows
- Now the schedule configuration is completed to run the job on the 1st of every month at 4 AM. (Note: Schedule configuration follows the server timezone). Click, save.
- Go to the "Objects" tab of the design palette, drag and drop "Query Chain" and select the required query chain.
- Drag and drop "FDR Scenarios" and select the scenario created in the previous section. Click "Select" to save.
- Click "Save schedule" to save the job configuration.